RecipeSweetened Ricotta Cream with Berries
- Calories: 279
- Protein: 15g
- Total Fat: 10g
- Saturated Fat: 6g
- Cholesterol: 40mg
- Total Carbohydrate: 30g
- Dietary Fiber: 5g
- Sodium: 160mg
This is a dessert with benefits: The low-fat ricotta provides high-quality protein plus bone-building calcium, and the berries add fiber and memory-boosting antioxidants (not to mention sweetness and color).
- Prep time
- Total Time
- ½ cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 2 teaspoons fat-free milk (may substitute soy milk)
- 1 teaspoon powdered sugar (may substitute granulated sugar or honey)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup frozen berries (strawberries, raspberries, blackberries, or mixed berries)
Prepare the ricotta cream: In a small bowl, mix together the ricotta, milk, sugar, and vanilla until thoroughly combined.
In a separate bowl, microwave the frozen berries for about 1 minute. Stir the warm berries (with the liquid) into the ricotta cream.
*Note: The ricotta is creamy and delicious, but it also contains a fair amount of saturated fat (like other cheeses), so if you have high cholesterol and are trying to tightly control your saturated fat intake, use fat-free ricotta instead.