- Calories: 40
- Protein: 2g
- Total Fat: 3g
- Saturated Fat: 0g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- Total Carbohydrate: 2g
- Dietary Fiber: 1g
- Sodium: 40mg
Here’s a twist on classic hummus that uses edamame (young, green soybeans) in place of chickpeas. Edamame are packed with protein and fiber, a nutrient duo that gives this dip real staying power.
For more healthy recipes, check out my new book, From Junk Food to Joy Food! Order here.
- Prep time
- Total Time
- 2 cups shelled edamame, frozen (thawed)
- 1/3 cup water
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons tahini (sesame seed paste)
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt (plus more to taste)
- ground black pepper (to taste)
In a food processor combine the edamame, water, rice vinegar, tahini, olive oil, garlic, and ½ teaspoon kosher salt, and process until smooth. Season with black pepper and additional salt to taste.
Serving Size: 2 tablespoons