Joy's Healthy Spinach Turkey Burger Recipe
Here's a simple, tasty recipe that your family will love. It's a great choice for a night when you need a quick, healthy meal!
- 1 1/4 pounds turkey, lean ground, at least 90% lean
- 10 ounce(s) spinach, frozen chopped, cooked, and drained
- 1 packet(s) taco seasoning mix, low sodium
- 6 hamburger buns, whole-wheat
- lettuce, shredded (as desired)
- tomato(es), sliced (as desired)
- onion(s), sliced (as desired)
- 6 teaspoon ketchup, may use mustard and/or salsa
In a large bowl, use both hands to mix together the ground turkey, cooled spinach, and taco seasoning until blended. Divide the burger mixture to form six patties.
Preheat a large skillet over medium-high heat (or preheat grill pan or outdoor grill). Coat the grill/pan with non-stick cooking spray and add the burgers. Cook 6-8 minutes per side, or until burgers are no longer pink in the center.
Serving Size: 1 burger
Makes 6 Servings
Nutrition Facts: Calories: 323, Total Fat: 9 g, Sat. Fat: 1 g, Cholesterol: 65 mg, Sodium: 695 mg, Total Carbohydrate: 37 g, Dietary Fiber: 6.5 g, Protein: 26 g, Sugars: 8 g