- 1/4 cup(s) oil, olive, extra-virgin
- 1/2 large onion(s) chopped
- 4 clove(s) garlic minced
- 1 pounds chicken, breast, boneless, skinless cut into 1" cubes
- 8 cup(s) broccoli florets
- 1 package(s) pasta, penne, 100% whole-wheat about 18 oz.
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, Kosher
- 2 tablespoon cheese, Romano grated (may also use Parmesan)
- pepper, black to taste
- Prep time
- Total Time
Meanwhile, heat the olive oil in a medium-size saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook, stirring, until translucent, being careful not to let the onion brown. Add the chicken and cook, stirring, until no longer pink throughout. Remove from heat and set aside.
Once the water boils, add the broccoli and cook until firm, yet tender. Using a slotted spoon or skimmer, transfer the broccoli to the saucepan with the chicken. Cook until the broccoli is soft.
Serving Size: 2 cups