RecipeWaffle with Strawberry-Ricotta Cream
- Calories: 215
- Protein: 9g
- Total Fat: 9g
- Saturated Fat: 3g
- Cholesterol: 20mg
- Total Carbohydrate: 28g
- Dietary Fiber: 4g
- Sodium: 240mg
This adorable and yummy recipe is a healthful play on strawberry shortcake. A whole grain waffle replaces the fat-laden biscuit, and sweetened part-skim ricotta stands in for whipped heavy cream.
- Prep time
- Total Time
- 1 whole-grain waffle, frozen
- 1/4 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1 teaspoon fat-free milk (may substitute soy or almond milk)
- 1 teaspoon powdered sugar (may substitute granulated sugar, honey or sugar substitute)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 5 strawberries, sliced
Toast the waffle. In a small bowl, mix together the ricotta, milk, sugar, and vanilla until thoroughly combined.
Spread the ricotta mixture on top of the waffle and add the sliced strawberries.