- 1 bag broccoli, frozen florets, (16 ounces)
- 1 bag cauliflower frozen florets (16 ounces)
- 1 bag carrot(s), baby (16 ounces)
- 1 zucchini peeled and chopped
- 6 cup(s) broth, chicken, less sodium low-fat
- salt, Kosher
- 1 cup(s) oats, old-fashioned (not quick-cooking)
- Prep time
- Total Time
In a large pot over medium-high heat, combine the broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, zucchini, onion, broth, and salt (or salt substitute) and pepper to taste. Cover and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, 1 hour.
Add the oatmeal and mix thoroughly. Simmer, stirring occasionally, 40 minutes longer. With an immersion blender or in a food processor or blender, puree the soup. Serve hot.
Season with plenty of ground black pepper and kosher salt to taste.
Serving Size: 1 cup
IBS sufferers take note: This recipe is only suitable for constipation-predominant IBS.