- 1/2 onion(s), yellow diced
- 1 pepper(s), red, bell diced
- 8 ounce(s) mushrooms button, trimmed and sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, Kosher
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper, black
- 4 whole egg(s)
- 4 egg white(s)
- 1/2 cup(s) milk, fat-free
- 3/4 cup(s) cheese, cheddar, sharp, reduced-fat, shredded
- 1/2 zucchini skin on, diced
- Prep time
- Total Time
Heat a large skillet liberally coated with oil spray over medium heat. Add the onion, bell pepper, and mushrooms and sauté until soft, 8 to 10 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, egg whites, and skim milk. Add the cheese, zucchini, and sautéed vegetables and mix thoroughly. Add ground black pepper, kosher salt (optional), and any other preferred herbs and seasonings.
Pour ¼ to ½ cup of the egg mixture into each of the twelve muffin cups. Bake for 22 to 24 minutes (check the oven periodically after 15 minutes to make sure the frittatas don’t burn). Serve with optional hot sauce.