- 3 tablespoon oil, olive
- 2 pepper(s), red, bell diced
- 2 onion(s), yellow diced
- 6 clove(s) garlic minced
- 3 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 pounds turkey, lean ground (at least 90% lean)
- 1 tablespoon oregano, dried
- 3 tablespoon chili powder
- 12 ounce(s) beer lager
- 1 can(s) tomatoes, whole, canned (28 oz)
- 1 can(s) tomatoes, crushed (28 oz)
- 3 pepper(s), chipotle chiles, in adobo sauce finely minced, plus 1 teaspoon adobo sauce from the can
- 1 can(s) beans, black, no-salt-added (15-oz) rinsed and drained
- 1 can(s) beans, red kidney, low sodium (15 oz) rinsed and drained
- 1 can(s) beans, Great Northern (15 oz) no-salt-added or low-sodium, rinsed and drained
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, Kosher
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper, black
- Prep time
- Total Time
Add the garlic and sauté for 2 minutes, stirring frequently. Add the tomato paste and cook, stirring frequently, until the paste has dried out, about 3 minutes.
Add the turkey, oregano, and chili powder, and sauté until the turkey is browned, about 5 minutes. Add the beer and cook until the beer is reduced by half.
Add the tomatoes, chipotle chilies and adobo sauce, beans, salt and pepper. Bring the chili to a boil, then reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer for 30 to 40 minutes.
Optional garnishes: cilantro, scallions, avocado, light sour cream, reduced-fat cheddar cheese, crushed tortilla chips