- 1 small pita, 100% whole-wheat pocket
- 1 clove(s) garlic cut in half lengthwise
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/8 teaspoon cumin, ground
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon salt, Kosher fine
- 1 pinch pepper, cayenne
- 1 pinch pepper, black ground
- oil spray
- Prep time
- Total Time
Preheat the oven or toaster oven to 350ºF. Split the pita pocket, and rub the top of each half with the cut side of the garlic clove.
In a small bowl, combine the onion powder, cumin, paprika, sea salt, cayenne, and black pepper. Sprinkle the spice mixture over the 2 pita halves. Coat the pita with oil spray.
Toast directly on a wire rack for 8 to 9 minutes, until the spices give off fragrance and the pita is crispy. Eat whole, or cut into wedges.