- 1/3 cup(s) yogurt, fat-free plain or half a 6 ounce container (can substitute fat free Greek yogurt)
- 1 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric, ground
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper, cayenne
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 1/2 teaspoon ginger root freshly grated (or 1/8 tsp ground ginger)
- salt, Kosher to taste
- pepper, black to taste
- 10 ounce(s) fish, halibut fillets skin removed (or other firm white fish)
- 1 pepper, bell, any color seeded and cut into 1” chunks
- 1 onion(s), red (small) skin removed and cut into 1” chunks
- 1/2 cup(s) tomato(es), grape (or cherry tomatoes)
- Prep time
- Total Time
Preheat oven to 450°F. Prepare Tandoori marinade: combine yogurt, spices, honey and grated ginger root in a medium bowl and mix thoroughly. Season marinade with salt and pepper to taste.
Cut halibut filet into 1” cubes and add to marinade. Toss to coat. Fish may be marinated for up to 4 hours or may be used immediately.
Thread vegetables with marinated halibut on 8” skewers, alternating fish with vegetables (approximately 3 halibut cubes per kebab).
Place kebabs an inch apart on baking sheet lined with aluminum foil and sprayed with nonstick cooking spray (marinade will be sticky). Bake skewers for 12-16 minutes, or until halibut is firm to the touch.
Makes 2 servings, 3 kebabs per serving.