- 1/3 cup fat-free plain yogurt (Greek or traditional)
- 1.5 teaspoons curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1.5 teaspoons freshly grated ginger root (or 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger)
- Kosher salt, to taste
- ground black pepper, to taste
- 10 ounces halibut, skin removed (or other firm white fish)
- 1 bell pepper (any color), cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 red onion, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1/2 cup grape or cherry tomatoes
It doesn’t matter if you own a grill — you can use your oven to prep these flavorful, Indian-spiced fish and veggie skewers. The marinade uses turmeric, a potent anti-inflammatory, making this dish a perfect choice for people with arthritis aches.
- Prep time
- Total Time
Preheat oven to 450°F. Prepare Tandoori marinade: combine yogurt, spices, honey and grated ginger root in a medium bowl and mix thoroughly. Season marinade with salt and pepper to taste.
Cut halibut filet into 1” cubes and add to marinade. Toss to coat. Fish may be marinated for up to 4 hours or may be used immediately.
Thread vegetables with marinated halibut on 8” skewers, alternating fish with vegetables (approximately 3 halibut cubes per kebab).
Place kebabs an inch apart on baking sheet lined with aluminum foil and sprayed with nonstick cooking spray (marinade will be sticky). Bake skewers for 12-16 minutes, or until halibut is firm to the touch.
Makes 2 servings, 3 kebabs per serving.