- 1/2 cup(s) cheese, ricotta, part-skim
- 2 teaspoon milk, fat-free or soy milk
- 1 teaspoon sugar, powdered (may substitute granulated sugar, honey or sugar substitute)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup(s) berries, frozen (strawberries, raspberries, blackberries, or mixed berries)
- Prep time
- Total Time
Prepare the ricotta cream: In a small bowl, mix together the ricotta, milk, sugar, and vanilla until thoroughly combined.
In a separate bowl, microwave the frozen berries for about 1 minute. Stir the warm berries (with the liquid) into the ricotta cream.
*Note: The ricotta is creamy and delicious, but it also contains a fair amount of saturated fat (like other cheeses), so if you have high cholesterol and are trying to tightly control your saturated fat intake, use fat-free ricotta instead.