- 3 large potato(es), sweet peel on, cubed
- 1 head(s) cauliflower large, cut into florets
- 3/4 cup(s) broth, chicken, less sodium or vegetable, heated
- 1/2 cup(s) sour cream, nonfat (may substitute nonfat plain greek yogurt)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg, ground
- salt, Kosher to taste
- pepper, black ground to taste
- 3 stalk(s) scallion(s) (green onions) sliced
- Prep time
- Total Time
1. Steam the sweet potato and cauliflower over 1" of water until fork tender, about 10 minutes (or soften the vegetables in the microwave).
2. In a large bowl, mash the potato and cauliflower with the broth. Stir in the sour cream, garlic powder, and nutmeg. If the mash needs more liquid, add more broth, 2 tablespoons at a time, until desired consistency is achieved. Season to taste with salt and black pepper.
Serving size: 1 cup