- 2 spinach, frozen chopped (10-ounce) boxes
- 2 cup(s) cheese, ricotta, part-skim
- 1 egg(s)
- 1 egg white(s)
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper, black
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder (or 2-3 cloves minced garlic)
- 1/2 teaspoon basil, dried
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano, dried
- 2 cup(s) cheese, mozzarella, part-skim, shredded
- 1 can(s) tomato sauce (24 ounce)
- 9 pasta, lasagna noodles whole grain, uncooked
- 1/2 cup(s) water
- Prep time
- Total Time
Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat a 13” x 9” baking dish with oil spray.
Cook and drain the spinach well, then set aside. In a large bowl, mix together the ricotta cheese, egg, egg white, pepper, garlic, basil, and oregano. Add the spinach and mix again thoroughly.
Cover the bottom of the pan with tomato sauce (about ¼ of the jar) and place down 3 of the uncooked lasagna noodles. Top with half of the spinach-ricotta mixture and then a layer of 3 more noodles. Top with the remaining spinach-ricotta mixture and then the last 3 lasagna noodles. Pour the remaining tomato sauce on top.
Sprinkle on the mozzarella cheese. Pour the water around the edge of the pan (this will cook the noodles), and cover the pan tightly with aluminum foil. Bake for 45 minutes. Remove the foil and bake uncovered for 30 minutes. Let stand to cool for 10 to 15 minutes before slicing to allow the lasagna to set up and the extra water to be absorbed.