RecipeSpinach Artichoke Dip
- Calories: 50
- Protein: 3g
- Total Fat: 2g
- Saturated Fat: 0.5g
- Unsaturated Fat: 1.5g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- Total Carbohydrate: 5g
- Dietary Fiber: 2g
- Total Sugar: 0g
- Sodium: 300mg
This recipe comes straight from my newest book, From Junk Food to Joy Food. Check it out here.
This dip is a guaranteed hit! It’s one of my family’s favorite low-calorie, heart-friendly appetizers. Plus, it’s just 50 calories per quarter cup—compare that to a restaurant version, which packs about 300. Serve it piping hot with lots of colorful, raw veggies for healthy dunking.
- Prep time
- Total Time
- One 10-ounce box frozen, chopped spinach
- 3/4 cup low-fat mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- One 14-ounce can artichoke hearts, rinsed and drained, finely chopped
- 2 scallions (green onions), finely chopped
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt or coarse sea salt (optional)
Preheat the oven to 350°F.
Microwave the frozen spinach according to package directions. Squeeze out a majority of the water with paper towels or cheesecloth. Set aside.
In a medium bowl, mix together the mayonnaise and cheese. Stir in the spinach, artichoke hearts, scallions and salt. Mix thoroughly.
Spoon the mixture into a small casserole dish and bake for 25 minutes, or until hot.
Serving Size: ¼ cup dip