- 6 scallion(s) (green onions) chopped
- 2 teaspoon coriander, ground
- 2 teaspoon cumin, ground
- 2 can(s) beans, black (15-ounce)(preferably low-sodium), rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup(s) lime juice
- 1/2 cup(s) sour cream, nonfat *
- 1 pepper(s), jalapeno (seeds and ribs removed), minced
- 1/2 cup(s) cilantro chopped
- Prep time
- Total Time
Coat a medium skillet with oil spray and preheat over medium heat. Add the scallions, coriander, and cumin and sauté for 2 minutes. Add the beans and 1/3 cup water. Reduce the heat to low and simmer, uncovered, until all of the water evaporates, 5 to 8 minutes. Add the bean mixture to the bowl of a food processor along with the lime juice, sour cream, jalapeno, and cilantro. Purée until smooth and season with kosher salt and pepper to taste.
Enjoy with crunchy carrots, sugar snap peas, bell pepper sticks, and any other veggies for dipping!
*Note: For celiac disease, check sour cream label to ensure it’s gluten-free.