- 2/3 cup(s) flour, all-purpose
- 3/4 cup(s) flour, all-purpose
- 1 1/4 cup(s) sugar substitute
- 1/3 cup(s) sugar substitute
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon, ground
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg, fresh grated
- 1/4 cup(s) margarine, trans-fat free reduced-fat, soft tub, frozen for 15 minutes
- 2/3 cup flour, all-purpose
- 3/4 cup flour, all-purpose
- 3/4 cup flour, whole-wheat pastry
- 1 1/4 cups sugar substitute
- 1/3 cup sugar substitute
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, Kosher
- 1 cup sour cream, nonfat
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon maple extract
- 1/2 cup walnuts, coarsely chopped
This is the perfect dessert to bake when you want something special. It’s a bit more caloric and carb-heavy than my other sugar-free treats, but it is undeniably lighter than traditional sour cream coffee cake. It's a hit with my family and friends!
- Prep time
- Total Time
Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease a 9" round springform pan. Line the bottom with a round of parchment paper or coat with oil spray.
To make the topping, in a small bowl, stir together the flour, sugar substitute, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Add the margarine and using a pastry cutter or your fingers quickly cut or rub in the margarine until coarse crumbs form. Cover and refrigerate.
To make the cake, on a piece of wax paper or aluminum foil, sift the all-purpose flour, whole wheat flour, sugar substitute, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. In a large bowl, whisk together the sour cream, eggs, oil, vanilla, and maple extract until well blended. Add the flour mixture. Using an electric mixer on medium speed or a wire whisk, beat until smooth and creamy, 1 to 2 minutes.
Spoon half of the batter into the prepared pan and spread evenly. Sprinkle evenly with half of the topping. Cover evenly with the remaining batter. Sprinkle evenly with the nuts, gently pressing them into the batter. Cover with the remaining topping.
Bake until the topping is golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean, 40 to 45 minutes. Transfer the pan to a wire rack and let cool for 20 minutes. Remove the sides of the springform pan. Serve the cake warm or at room temperature, cut into wedges.
Diabetic Exchanges: 1 lean meat, 2 fats, 2 starch