- 5 medium potato(es), russet (skin on) cut into chunks
- 1 head(s) cauliflower cut into florets
- 3/4 cup(s) milk, fat-free or soy or unsweetened almond
- 1/4 cup(s) butter, whipped
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt, Kosher
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper, black ground
- Prep time
- Total Time
Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add the potato chunks, and simmer for 12 to 15 minutes or until fork tender. Drain the potatoes and transfer them to a large mixing bowl.
While the potatoes are cooking, microwave the cauliflower florets with 2 tablespoons water on high power for 10 minutes, or until soft. Drain the cauliflower and add to the bowl with the potatoes.
Add the milk, butter, salt and pepper, and mix with a handheld electric mixer until smooth and creamy.
Optional: Add additional preferred herb, seasonings, and toppers, such as Parmesan cheese, light sour cream, chives, hot sauce, or minced chipotle peppers.
Serving size: 1 cup