- 2 broccoli crowns, cut into florets
- 1 package(s) pasta, spaghetti, 100% whole wheat or linguini
- 2 tablespoon oil, olive
- 3 clove(s) garlic minced
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper, red flakes
- 1 pounds shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 pint(s) tomato(es), cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, Kosher
- 1/4 cup(s) lemon juice (from about 2 lemons)
- 2 tablespoon parsley chopped (optional)
- Prep time
- Total Time
Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add the broccoli florets and boil for about 2 minutes. Transfer the broccoli to a bowl using a slotted spoon. Drop the pasta into the boiling water and cook until al dente, according to package directions. Drain the pasta.
While the pasta is cooking, heat the olive oil in a large, deep sauté pan over medium-high heat. Add the garlic and red pepper flakes and sauté until the garlic just starts to turn golden, about 1 minute. Add the shrimp and cook until pink and opaque, 2 to 3 minutes. Add the tomatoes and broccoli and cook for another 1 to 2 minutes to heat everything through. Season with the kosher salt and pepper to taste. Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the lemon juice and the parsley. Add the pasta to the pan and toss through with tongs.