- 1 whole pita, 100% whole-wheat (about 150 calories)
- 1 cup(s) mushrooms sliced
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt, Kosher to taste
- pepper, black to taste
- 3 tablespoon cheese, ricotta, part-skim
- 1 pinch pepper, red, crushed (optional)
- Prep time
- Total Time
Place the pita bread (closed, do not cut open) on the baking sheet and mist the surface with oil spray. Toast the bread in the oven for 5 minutes. Remove from oven and cool for a few minutes.
Meanwhile, coat a small skillet with oil spray and preheat over medium-high heat. Add the mushrooms and cook until soft, about 4 minutes. Season with the garlic powder and salt and pepper to taste.
Spread the ricotta cheese evenly over the toasted pita bread. Top with the sautéed mushrooms, and sprinkle with crushed red pepper flakes, if using (sprinkle lightly — they’re very hot!). Bake the pizza for 8 minutes.