RecipeOrange Pepper Beef Stir-Fry
- Calories: 485
- Protein: 43g
- Total Fat: 21g
- Saturated Fat: 4g
- Cholesterol: 74mg
- Total Carbohydrate: 32g
- Dietary Fiber: 5g
- Sodium: 590mg
What could be fresher and brighter than orange juice, lime juice, and a rainbow of peppers? Add broccoli, beef, and a few Asian tastes, and you’ve got a quick and easy dinner that everyone enjoys.
- Prep time
- Total Time
- 1/2 cup low-sodium beef broth
- 1/2 pound beef, stew meat or top round
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup orange juice concentrate
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 3 scallions (green onions), thinly sliced
Place the beef in the freezer for 15 to 20 minutes, until firm but not totally frozen, for easy slicing. Cut into paper-thin slices against the grain.
In a large bowl, whisk the broth, soy sauce, orange juice concentrate, lime juice, sesame oil, garlic, and ginger. Stir in the cornstarch until no lumps remain. Set aside.
Spray a wok or large skillet with oil spray. Add the canola oil and warm over medium heat. Add the peppers, onion, and broccoli and cook, stirring, 4 to 5 minutes, until the vegetables begin to soften but are still crisp. Increase the heat to high and add the beef. Cook, stirring, 3 to 4 minutes, until the beef begins to take on color.
Reduce the heat to low and add the broth mixture. Cook 2 to 3 minutes longer, until the sauce thickens and the beef is no longer pink inside. Garnish with scallions. Serve immediately.