- 1/2 cup(s) broth, beef, fat-free, less sodium
- 1/2 pounds beef, stew meat or top round
- 2 tablespoon soy sauce, less sodium
- 1/4 cup(s) orange juice concentrate
- 2 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon oil, sesame
- 1 tablespoon garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon ginger, fresh minced
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon oil, canola
- 1 small pepper(s), red, bell thinly sliced
- 1 small pepper(s), green, bell thinly sliced
- 1 small pepper(s), yellow, bell thinly sliced
- 1 small onion(s), red or Vidalia
- 1 cup(s) broccoli florets
- 3 scallion(s) (green onions) thinly sliced
- Prep time
- Total Time
Place the beef in the freezer for 15 to 20 minutes, until firm but not totally frozen, for easy slicing. Cut into paper-thin slices against the grain.
In a large bowl, whisk the broth, soy sauce, orange juice concentrate, lime juice, sesame oil, garlic, and ginger. Stir in the cornstarch until no lumps remain. Set aside.
Spray a wok or large skillet with oil spray. Add the canola oil and warm over medium heat. Add the peppers, onion, and broccoli and cook, stirring, 4 to 5 minutes, until the vegetables begin to soften but are still crisp. Increase the heat to high and add the beef. Cook, stirring, 3 to 4 minutes, until the beef begins to take on color.
Reduce the heat to low and add the broth mixture. Cook 2 to 3 minutes longer, until the sauce thickens and the beef is no longer pink inside. Garnish with scallions. Serve immediately.