- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup water
- 1 peach, chopped or sliced (skin on)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup (may use sugar, honey, or sugar substitute instead)
This warm and cozy bowl of oatmeal is the perfect way to usher in a chilly morning. Oats are a great source of soluble fiber, which helps lower cholesterol and reduce the risk of heart disease.
- Prep time
- Total Time
Add all ingredients to a microwave safe bowl and mix thoroughly. Loosely cover the bowl with a paper towel and microwave for 3 minutes on high. Stir thoroughly and garnish with optional sliced peaches.
Note: If fresh, ripe peaches are not in season, feel free to substitute canned peaches packed in their own juice.