- 1 cup baby spinach
- 1/2 cup cucumber chunks, peel on
- 1 stalk celery, cut into chunks
- 1/2 medium banana, cut into chunks
- 1/2 cup pineapple chunks, fresh or frozen
- 6-ounce container nonfat plain Greek yogurt (see note)
- 3 - 5 ice cubes (optional)
This light, refreshing smoothie packs in nearly 3 cups of produce, including a generous amount of nutrient-rich spinach. Most commercial juice drinks are primarily carbs, but I add creamy Greek yogurt to mine for a hefty dose of protein.
- Prep time
- Total Time
Add the spinach, cucumber, celery, and 1/2 cup water to the blender. Blend on high until completely smooth and liquid.
Add the banana, pineapple, yogurt, and ice cubes (if using) to the blender. Blend until smooth and frothy.
Serving size: 2 cups
Note: Substitute ½ cup silken tofu for the yogurt to make a vegan shake.