- Calories: 205
- Protein: 8g
- Total Fat: 9g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- Total Carbohydrate: 25g
- Dietary Fiber: 4g
- Sodium: 255mg
By using fruit and whole-grain cereal to create a happy face, you get a good laugh, along with some great nutrition. Bet it gets your kids smiling, too!
For more healthy recipes, check out my new book, From Junk Food to Joy Food! Order here.
- Prep time
- Total Time
- 1 tablespoon nut butter (any variety)
- 1 slice 100% whole-grain bread, toasted
- 2 slices banana
- 2 raisins
- 1 teaspoon all-fruit jam (any variety)
- 1 fresh berry (strawberry, blueberry, blackberry, or raspberry)
- 1 tablespoon whole-grain cereal
Spread the nut butter on the toast. Position the banana slices on the toast as eyes, and place the raisins on the banana slices as the eyeballs. Use a thin line of jelly for the eyebrows and the berry for the nose. Arrange the cereal in a curved line to form the mouth.