- oil spray
- 1/2 cup(s) sugar, brown (packed)
- 1 1/2 cup(s) flour, whole-wheat pastry (if you can’t find whole wheat pastry flour, may substitute regular whole wheat flour)
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon, ground
- 1 teaspoon ginger, ground
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, Kosher
- 1 egg(s)
- 1 cup(s) milk, fat-free
- 1/2 cup(s) pumpkin, puree 100% pure
- 1/4 cup(s) oil, canola
- 1/2 teaspoon orange peel (zest), grated
- Prep time
- Total Time
Preheat the oven to 375°F. Lightly spray 12 muffin cups with nonstick oil spray.
In a large mixing bowl, stir together the brown sugar, flour, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger, and salt.
In a small bowl, beat the egg for 30 seconds, until foamy. Add the milk, pumpkin, oil, and orange zest. Beat well. Add the egg mixture to the flour mixture, and stir until the flour mixture is moistened.
Fill the muffin cups three-quarters full with batter. Bake for 15 minutes, until the tops spring back when you touch them with a finger. Turn out muffins onto a wire rack to cool. Once cool, you can freeze the muffins, tightly wrapped, for up to 2 months.