RecipeFarro Salad with Chickpeas, Apricots and Sugar Snap Peas
- Calories: 290
- Protein: 12g
- Total Fat: 8g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- Total Carbohydrate: 45g
- Dietary Fiber: 10g
- Sodium: 190mg
Farro has a chewy texture and slightly nutty taste. Here I pair it with fresh apricots, which contribute a lovely, sweet honey flavor to the salad (feel free to substitute chopped fresh nectarines or dried apricots).
- Prep time
- Total Time
- 1/2 cup farro, dry (may substitute quinoa, bulgur, whole wheat couscous, barley or another whole grain)
- 1 fifteen-ounce can no-salt-added garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 pound sugar snap peas, trimmed and cut into thirds
- 4 fresh apricots, diced
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 pinch Kosher salt
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
- 1.5 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
Prepare the farro (or desired grain) according to package directions. Rinse and cool to room temperature.
In a medium bowl, combine the cooked farro, chickpeas, sugar snap peas, and apricots.
In a small bowl, whisk together the vinegar, mustard, salt (if using), and pepper. Slowly drizzle in the olive oil while whisking vigorously. Pour the dressing over the farro mixture and stir until the dressing evenly coats the salad ingredients.