RecipeDark Chocolate Oats
- Calories: 230
- Protein: 6g
- Total Fat: 4g
- Saturated Fat: 0.5g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- Total Carbohydrate: 46g
- Dietary Fiber: 8g
- Sodium: 0mg
Here’s a deliciously decadent twist on your standard bowl of oatmeal: Stir in antioxidant-rich cocoa powder for rich, chocolate flavor and top off the creamy whole grain oats with sweet berries. You’ll feel like you’re eating dessert for breakfast!
- Prep time
- Total Time
- 1/2 cup old-fashioned oats (may substitute ¼ cup steel cut oats)*
- 1.5 teaspoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1.5 teaspoon sugar (may use sugar substitute if you have diabetes)
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup berries, fresh or frozen (thawed)
Prepare the oats with water or skim milk according to package directions.
Stir the cocoa powder, sugar, and vanilla extract into the prepared oatmeal. Top with berries (or sliced banana).
*Note: For celiac disease, choose oats that are certified gluten-free.