- 1/2 cup(s) oats, old-fashioned or quick-cooking oats (may substitute ¼ cup steel cut oats)*
- 1 1/2 teaspoon cocoa powder, unsweetened
- 1 1/2 teaspoon sugar, granulated (may use sugar substitute if diabetic)
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup(s) berries, fresh or frozen, thawed berries (may substitute 1 sliced banana)
- Prep time
- Total Time
Prepare the oats with water or skim milk according to package directions.
Stir the cocoa powder, sugar, and vanilla extract into the prepared oatmeal. Top with berries (or sliced banana).
*Note: For celiac disease, choose oats that are certified gluten-free.