- 3/4 cup(s) bread crumbs, whole-wheat, coarse, dried (look for brands with less than 25mg sodium per ¼ cup, such as Ian’s Whole Wheat Panko)
- 1/2 cup(s) wheat germ, toasted (plain)
- 1/4 cup(s) cheese, Parmesan grated
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 pinch pepper, cayenne (optional)
- 1 teaspoon salt, Kosher (*omit salt if you have high blood pressure or bread crumbs are high in sodium)
- 2 egg(s)
- 2 pounds chicken tenders (may substitute 2 pounds skinless, boneless chicken breasts cut into strips)
- Prep time
- Total Time
In a large bowl stir together the bread crumbs, wheat germ, parmesan cheese, onion powder, garlic powder, cayenne pepper (if using), salt, and pepper until well combined.
In a small bowl whisk the eggs.
Dip the chicken tenders into the egg. Drip off any excess egg, then place in the breading mixture. Turn the tenders, patting to coat on all sides with the breading. Place the tenders on the baking sheets. Mist the top surface of the chicken tenders with oil spray.
Bake for 15 minutes, or until the breading is golden brown and crispy and chicken is opaque throughout.
Makes 5 servings
Serving size: 4 to 5 tenders