- 3 cups chopped lettuce chopped (preferably romaine)
- 4 ounces cooked chicken breast, chopped
- 2 tablespoons cooked garbanzo beans (chickpeas)
- 1/2 medium apple (with skin), chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped cucumber (with peel)
- 1/2 tomato, chopped
- 1/4 avocado, chopped
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 2 scallions (green onions), finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped walnuts
- 2-4 tablespoons reduced-calorie raspberry vinaigrette
This salad is delicious, and provides generous amounts of protein, high-quality carbs, soluble fiber, and 80 percent of your daily requirement for folate.
- Prep time
- Total Time
Place the lettuce in a large bowl. Add the chicken, chickpeas, apple, cucumber, tomato, avocado, celery, scallions, and walnuts. Drizzle with the vinaigrette and toss to coat.