- 1 large onion(s) diced
- 2 tablespoon oil, olive
- 2 large carrot(s) peeled and diced
- 3 parsnips peeled and diced
- 3 stalk(s) celery diced
- 3 clove(s) garlic minced
- 1 sprig(s) thyme (may substitute ½ teaspoon dried thyme)
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 pinch pepper, red, crushed (optional)
- 3 cup(s) egg noodles, whole wheat (such as Ronzoni Healthy Harvest)
- pepper, black ground to taste
- 2 tablespoon parsley chopped (optional)
- 2 quart(s) broth, chicken, less sodium
- 2 cup(s) chicken, breast (cooked) skinless, diced
- Prep time
- Total Time
Add the carrots, parsnips, and celery and sauté for 8 to 10 minutes. Add the garlic, thyme, bay leaf, and crushed red pepper (if using) and sauté for 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Add the chicken broth and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce the heat to medium-low, cover the pot, and simmer for 20 minutes, or until the vegetables are tender.
Uncover the pot and bring the broth to a rolling boil over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and noodles and cook until the noodles are al dente, about 6 minutes.
Remove and discard the bay leaf, and season with pepper to taste. Ladle into bowls and garnish with parsley (if using).
Serving Size: 2 cups