- 2 bay leaves
- 1 1/2 teaspoon celery seeds
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper, black ground
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper, cayenne
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard, dry
- 1/2 pounds shrimp, medium in shells (approximately 15-18 shrimp)
- 1 lemon cut into wedges
- Prep time
- Total Time
In a large pot bring two quarts of water to a boil.
Add the bay leaves and all of the spices to the pot. Reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer, covered, for 10 to 15 minutes.
Bring the water back up to a full boil, add the shrimp, and cook for about 2 minutes, or until the shrimp are opaque and cooked through (cooking time will vary depending on the size of the shrimp).
With a slotted spoon transfer the shrimp from the pot to an individual serving bowl. Spoon some of the cooking liquid over the top, and squeeze the lemon wedges over the shrimp.