- 1 head(s) cauliflower cut into florets of roughly the same size
- 3/4 cup(s) broth, chicken, less sodium low-fat
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 4 ounce(s) cream cheese, fat-free
- 2 tablespoon cheese, Romano or Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- salt, Kosher
- pepper, black ground
- Prep time
- Total Time
Steam the cauliflower over boiling water for 15 to 20 minutes, until tender. Drain. Place the cauliflower in a food processor or blender along with 1⁄2 cup broth. Puree on high until smooth. Transfer the puree to a medium saucepan.
In a cup, dissolve the cornstarch in the remaining 1⁄4 cup broth, and add to the cauliflower puree. Add the cream cheese, Romano or Parmesan cheese, garlic powder, onion powder, and paprika. Cook over medium heat, stirring, 2 to 3 minutes, until the puree begins to thicken. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve immediately.
Diabetic Exchanges: 1 very lean meat, 2 vegetables