- 1/2 cup(s) oil, olive
- 1/2 cup(s) orange juice
- 1/2 cup(s) lime juice
- 2 scallion(s) (green onions) chopped
- 1 tablespoon parsley, fresh chopped
- 1/2 pepper(s), jalapeno seeded and minced (wear plastic gloves when handling)
- pepper, black, coarsely ground
- 6 ostrich, tenderloin fillets
- 1 lime(s) sliced
- Prep time
- Total Time
Combine the oil, orange juice, lime juice, scallions, parsley, jalapeño, and black pepper to taste in a large zip-top bag. Add the ostrich and seal the bag, pressing out excess air. Marinate in the refrigerator for 2-3 hours.
Preheat a grill. Drain the steaks (discard the marinade). Grill the steaks over high heat for 2-3 minutes on each side, until browned. (You can also cook the steaks in a heavy skillet over high heat.) If you like, cut the steaks at an angle into thin slices. Garnish with lime slices.Serving Size: 1 steak - about 5 oz.