- oil spray
- 1 tablespoon oil, olive
- 2 large leek(s) trimmed and chopped
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon, ground
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg, ground
- 1 1/2 pounds squash, butternut peeled and cubed (about 4 cups)
- 2 large carrot(s) peeled and grated
- 3 cup(s) broth, chicken low-fat, low-sodium (may use vegetable broth)
- salt, Kosher to taste
- Prep time
- Total Time
Spray a large stockpot with non-stick oil spray. Add the oil and heat over medium-high heat. Add the leeks and sauté until translucent and soft, 6-7 minutes. Add the cinnamon and nutmeg, and cook an additional minute to release the flavor of the spices. Add the squash, carrots, and broth, and bring to a boil.
Reduce to a simmer and cook 20-25 minutes longer, until the vegetables are tender. Purée the soup with an immersion blender or in a food processor or blender. Season with salt and pepper and serve immediately.Serving Size: 1 1/2 cups
IBS sufferers take note: This recipe is only suitable for constipation-predominant IBS.