- 1 1/4 pounds turkey, ground (at least 90% lean)*
- 1 package(s) broccoli, frozen (10-ounces) thawed in microwave and well-drained
- 2 egg white(s)
- 1/4 cup(s) ketchup
- 1 tablespoon mustard, Dijon
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 6 slice(s) cheese, cheddar, reduced-fat
- 6 hamburger buns, whole-wheat or sandwich thins (optional)
- lettuce (optional)
- tomato(es) sliced (optional)
- onion(s) sliced (optional)
- Prep time
- Total Time
In large bowl, mix together ground turkey, cooled broccoli, egg whites, ketchup, mustard, and garlic powder with hands until blended. Form burger mixture into six medium-sized patties.
Preheat large griddle over medium-high heat (or preheat grill pan or outdoor grill). Coat grill/pan with oil spray and add burgers.
Cook 5 to 7 minutes per side, or until burgers reach an internal temperature of 165 degrees. During the last few minutes of cooking, top each burger with a slice of cheese.
Place each burger on a bun, if desired, and layer with the optional toppings.
*May substitute lean ground sirloin in place of ground turkey.
Serving Size: 1 burger
(Nutrition facts are for cheeseburger without bun)