- 1/2 cup(s) sugar, granulated or sugar substitute
- 1/2 cup(s) margarine, trans-fat free reduced-fat, soft tub
- 2 egg white(s)
- 1 cup(s) applesauce, unsweetened
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cup(s) flour, oat
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup(s) strawberries hulled and quartered
- 1/2 cup(s) raspberries
- 1/4 cup(s) preserves, strawberry, reduced-sugar
- Prep time
- Total Time
Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line the cups of a 12-cup muffin pan with paper liners.
In a large bowl, mix the sugar or sugar substitute and margarine. Add the egg whites, one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Stir in the applesauce and vanilla. Add the oat flour, baking powder, and baking soda. Stir until the dry ingredients are just combined, but do not overmix. Fold in the strawberries and raspberries.
Fill each muffin cup half full with batter, and spoon a teaspoon of jam in the center of each. Bake 12 to 15 minutes, until the tops of the muffins are lightly browned and a toothpick comes out clean when inserted in the center.
IBS sufferers take note: This recipe is suitable for constipation-predominant IBS and diarrhea-predominant IBS.