- 1/2 cup(s) pepper(s), green, bell diced (may substitute onion or a combination of peppers and onions)
- 1 teaspoon pepper(s), jalapeno minced (optional)
- 3 egg white(s)
- 2 tablespoon cheese, cheddar, reduced-fat shredded (may use any variety of low-fat or fat-free cheese)
- 1/4 cup(s) beans, black (if from can, rinsed and drained)
- 1 small tortilla(s), flour, whole-wheat high-fiber (100 calories or less)
- Prep time
- Total Time
In a small bowl whip together the egg whites. Add the egg whites to the skillet and scramble until cooked through. Remove the cooked egg mixture from the heat and stir in the cheese and beans.
Add the mixture to the center of the tortilla. Top with salsa or hot sauce if desired. To make a burrito, fold up the bottom of the tortilla (to prevent the filling from spilling out), and then fold over both of the sides.