- 1/4 cup(s) margarine, trans-fat free soft-tub, softened (may substitute whipped butter)
- 2 large banana(s) mashed, ripe (or 3-4 small bananas)
- 1 whole egg(s)
- 1 egg white(s)
- 2 tablespoon milk, fat-free
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup(s) flour, whole-wheat
- 1 cup(s) flour, all-purpose
- 3/4 cup(s) sugar, brown (packed)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, Kosher
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, ground
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg, ground
- 1/2 cup(s) semisweet/dark chocolate chips
- Prep time
- Total Time
In a large bowl, cream together the soft tub spread, mashed bananas, egg, egg white, milk, and vanilla extract.
In a medium bowl, combine the flours, brown sugar, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
Sprinkle the flour mixture over the banana mixture and fold together until the ingredients are just combined. Be careful not to overmix — the batter will be slightly lumpy.
Gently fold in the chocolate chips.
Evenly divide the batter among the prepared muffin cups.
Bake the muffins on the middle oven rack for 30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before carefully removing the muffins from the pan. Cool completely.
Serving Size: 1 muffin