- 1 large onion(s), yellow thinly sliced
- 2 large pepper(s), red, bell sliced
- 4 clove(s) garlic minced (may substitute 1 teaspoon garlic powder)
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper, red flakes (or to taste)
- 4 piece(s) chicken, breast, boneless, skinless medium-thin (may substitute 8 chicken tenders)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, Kosher
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper, black ground
- 1/3 cup(s) vinegar, balsamic (use a good-quality, aged variety if possible)
- 1 can(s) tomatoes, diced (15-ounce) well drained, preferably no salt added
- Prep time
- Total Time
Add the garlic (or garlic powder) and red pepper flakes and sauté for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
Season the chicken breasts with the salt and pepper. Add the chicken breasts to the pan and cook for 4 minutes on each side.
Add the balsamic vinegar and canned tomatoes, and bring the liquids to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium-low, and simmer uncovered for 25 minutes, stirring occasionally. Season with additional salt and pepper to taste.