- 1/2 cup(s) oats, old-fashioned quick-cooking oats*
- 1 apple(s) peeled and chopped
- 2 teaspoon sugar, brown (may substitute granulated sugar, honey, maple syrup, or sugar substitute)
- 1 1/2 tablespoon milk, fat-free
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon, ground
- Prep time
- Total Time
In a small bowl, combine the oats with 1 cup water and microwave for 2 minutes.
Add half of the chopped apple, the brown sugar, and the milk and stir thoroughly. Top the oatmeal with the rest of the chopped apple and sprinkle with the cinnamon. Microwave the oatmeal for 1 additional minute and serve.
Tip: If you enjoy thinner oatmeal, add extra skim milk.
*Note: If you suffer from celiac disease, make sure oats are certified gluten-free.