RecipeAngel Hair Pasta with Roasted Pumpkin, Sage, and Walnuts
- Calories: 388
- Protein: 18g
- Total Fat: 10g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Cholesterol: 10mg
- Total Carbohydrate: 60g
- Dietary Fiber: 13g
- Sodium: 200mg
If you love pasta, but you’re tired of eating the same old spaghetti with tomato sauce, try this recipe. The unique combination of roasted pumpkin, walnuts, and sage create a colorful and delicious dish. Another bonus — two of three Bauer kids like it!
- Prep time
- Total Time
- oil spray
- 1 pounds pumpkin fresh, cut into 1/2-inch cubes (about 2 cups)
- salt, Kosher
- 1 package(s) pasta, angel hair, whole wheat 8 ounces
- 1 tablespoon oil, olive or walnut oil
- 1/4 cup(s) sage, leaves fresh, finely sliced
- 2 tablespoon nuts, walnuts, chopped
- 1/2 cup(s) cheese, ricotta, fat-free at room temperature
- 1/2 cup(s) broth, chicken, fat-free, salt-free or vegetable broth, heated
- pepper, black ground
Preheat the oven to 425ºF. Cover a large baking sheet with parchment paper or aluminum foil, and coat with oil spray.
Arrange the pumpkin cubes on the prepared baking sheet in a single layer so they are not touching. Coat the pumpkin with oil spray, and sprinkle with salt. Roast 15 to 20 minutes, until the pumpkin has softened and begins to take on a gold color.
Cook the pasta according to the package instructions. Drain, reserving 11⁄2 cups of the cooking water.
Coat a large skillet with oil spray. Add the oil and heat over high heat. Add the sage and cook, stirring, 1 to 2 minutes, until the sage turns dark green (but not brown) and becomes crispy. Reduce the heat to low and add the pumpkin, pasta, walnuts, ricotta, broth, and 1 cup of the pasta cooking water. Stir to coat the pasta. Season with additional salt and black pepper. If the pasta is too dry, add more of the cooking water. Serve immediately.