Craving chocolate? You officially have my permission to stop trying to withstand the temptation and give in. To do so without derailing your diet, simply choose from the list of smart (and scrumptious) options below. Sweet!
- Diana’s Bananas: Banana Babies (130 calories)
- Dole’s frozen dark chocolate covered fruit: Strawberry (60 calories), Pineapple (80 calories), Banana (100 calories)
- Good Pop: “Chocolate Milk” ice pop (120 calories)
- Annie’s Chocolate Bunny Grahams (130 calories per serving)
- Dove Promises Silky Smooth Dark Chocolate (210 per 5 pieces)
- Endangered Species Dark Chocolate Pouch (200 calories per 4 pieces)
- Ghirardelli Intense Dark Chocolate (200 calories per serving)
- Hershey’s Special Dark Chocolate Kisses (190 calories per 9 pieces)
- Nourish Snacks Monkey Love (150 calories)
- Trader Joe’s 72% Dark Chocolate Bar
Cocoa powder DIY recipes
- Chocolate “Pudding:” Stir 2 teaspoons unsweetened cocoa powder into traditional nonfat vanilla yogurt (not Greek yogurt).
- Dark Chocolate Oats (230 calories)
- Mocha Coffee: Mix 1 tablespoon unsweetened cacao powder into 1 cup of brewed hot coffee. Feel free to add 1 teaspoon of sugar and a splash of milk.
For more healthy recipes, check out my new book, From Junk Food to Joy Food! Order here.